We are going to discuss what are the different types of search engine optimization (SEO) in digital marketing which is currently available. Based on our previous articles, we now know what is search engine optimization (SEO).
But let’s quickly see the definition again:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your web pages according to the ranking factors for your targeted search queries, in search engines in order to rank at top positions in organic or non-paid search results.
Types of SEO
The search engine optimization (SEO) process will remain the same, but for certain types of search engine optimization (SEO), the workflow and metrics will differ due to that, we will have a separate subtype, search engine optimization (SEO) optimisation for these specific types of SEO. Once the introductory free search engine optimization (SEO) course is finished, I will create separate free courses for each of these specific SEO, optimization processes. Now let’s take a look into the main search engine optimization (SEO) types, which are available:
- International SEO
- Local SEO
- Image SEO
- Audio SEO
- WordPress SEO
- Mobile SEO
- YouTube SEO
- eCommerce SEO
International Search engine optimization (SEO)
The first one is the common one, which is International Search engine optimization (SEO). The process of ranking your web pages in higher ranking positions for search results page which targets the audience worldwide. In this SEO type, you are targeting an audience everywhere in the world.
The type of SEO you aim to boost your ranking in a specific geographical area by focusing your efforts on a particular country, state, city, suburb, or neighbourhood. You can use local search engine optimization (SEO) for your business website or Google or Bing business listing. I will explain these at a later stage.
Promotional video for your business, which is posted on YouTube and more. This type of SEO is ideal for small businesses, enterprises, or businesses looking to target one geographical area that’s looking to sell a product or offer services.
Now let’s take a look at some main facts, which shows the importance of local SEO:
- 72% of the buyers who do a local search and visited a store within five miles.
- More than 97% of people get their information about local companies with an online search.
- 88% of mobile searches for local businesses will result either in a call or visit within 24 hours.
- Up to 78% of the results are based on the location of offline purchases as well.
- “Near me” or “Close by” type searches grew more than 900% over the last two years. Examples of this are “the best digital marketing agency near me” or “It’s the best Restaurant near me”.
It is a process of optimizing your videos to rank higher on the YouTube search engine results page making them frequently appear on suggested and related videos.
The main reason you should consider optimizing for YouTube include:
- More than 2 billion people use YouTube.
- YouTube is localized in 100 different countries and also accessible in 80 different languages.
- At least 1 billion hours of video is getting watched each day.
- YouTube video can also be monetized and over the past five years, they have paid more than 2 billion dollars to their partners.
It is the process of optimizing your YouTubevideo to track higher on search engine results pages such as Google, Bing & Yahoo.
Few important reasons why we should optimize videos for search engines include:
- Google owns YouTube, so search results will show you to YouTube videos more prominently. The reason is Google can place ads. The search engine ads from the PPC programs within YouTube and it will play during the video or when the video initially load so it means more profit for them. So, they will prominently feature YouTube videos on the search results page.
- Unlike new websites where you need to earn the trust of Google but when you create a YouTube video, it is hosted onYouTube, which is a trusted website from Google and also has a big SEO power. So, it will help you to speed up the ranking process.
- Videos are also more captivating compared to text, and people tend to watch videos for a longer period compared to reading a text.
It means optimizing your website images to rank higher in image search results or image snippets within SERP pages.
The reason for optimizing images for search engines include:
- The report shows that 33% of whole searches in search engines return image snippets.
- A search engine has a dedicated section only for image Search results.
A lot of people use Google image search or Bing image search to find only image-specific results. And also these image-specific results will have a link back to your web page. So, in case if a user wants to find out the source of that particular image. They can click on that link to visit your Web page.
This is an important search engine optimization (SEO) type on which you should focus. Search engines show different sets of search results for the same query for desktop and mobile devices. The reason is due to the different optimization and user experience websites provide for different devices.
The increasing level of mobile users makes it one of the most important factors for SEO. Therefore, the search engine has a specific set of guidelines to have your website optimized for mobiles or you won’t rank well in mobile search results pages.
So, the definition of mobile SEO is:
It is a process of SEO optimizing your website for mobile devices, focusing on mobile user experience to gain a higher ranking on mobile search engine results page (SERP).
The main reason why you should consider mobile SEO optimization. It is no longer an optional element, which is a mandatory SEO factor where in order to make sure that you get a higher ranking on SEO you should absolutely have an optimized SEO for mobile. And also, there are other factors, such as:
- 52.2% of World Wide Web traffic comes from mobile phones.
- There are more searches on mobile devices compared to desktops.
- 87% of smartphone users visit search engines through mobiles at least once a day.
- 40 % of mobile visitors will leave your site if your site takes less than three seconds to load.
eCommerce is the process of selling your products or services over theInternet. Some major examples include Amazon, eBay, and AliExpress. We perform SEO slightly differently compared to our blogs or website for e-commerce.
So, the definition of e-commerce SEO is:
It is the search engine optimization process of optimizing your store website and product pages to rank in higher positions on search results for commercial intent search queries or keywords.
Some of the main factors to consider when it comes to eCommerce SEO is:
- It is estimated by 2040 that 95% of the purchases will be through e-commerce.
- 44% of people start their online shopping with the new Google search.
This is one of the most important SEO optimization types because there are so many people are using WordPress. Let me explain it.
WordPress is a free web software is known as a content management system, also known as CMS, that allows you to create and manage a website or blog without any technical knowledge or advanced HTML.
It is one of the easiest ways to create dynamic websites.
There are at least 500+ new WordPress websites are created every day and WordPress alone powers almost40% of websites that exist on the Internet. We even use WordPress at Digital Marketing Mind blog. In addition to being the most popular CMS solution, the WordPress CMS can be easily converted into an eCommerce store using a free WordPress plugin called WooCommerce.
But that’s not all there are so many other types of SEO, and those include such as:
Process of SEO to optimize your app ranking position within Appstore.
Process of SEO optimizing your Google blogger blogs or BlogSpot blogs.
Process of SEO optimizing your WixCMS blogs.
Voice or Audio SEO
Process of SEO optimizing your voice or audio content to rank for voice search.
Process of SEO optimizing your news content to get indexed fast and rank higher in the search news section.
We learned what are main types of SEO are and how you should choose SEO type according to your requirement. You also do not necessarily need to choose only one type of SEO. You can choose multiple SEO types and work accordingly towards them. And I am also sure that there will be more types in the future depending on the tech development and how the industry will change over that time. And I will try to cover every single SEO type, at least the main ones in the free separate dedicated course for each.